Welcome to Oxford African American Studies Center
- The Oxford African American Studies Center provides students, scholars and librarians with more than 20,000 articles by top scholars in the field
- Over 2,500 images, more than 700 primary sources with specially written commentaries, and nearly 200 maps have been collected to enhance this reference content
- Have questions about how to use the redesigned website? Check out our Help page for a video demo and detailed instructions or read through "What's Changed".
Latest blog articles
- Why War Stories Could Reinjure Those Affected
- Nine Books To Read For Black History Month [reading list]
- Celebrating Black History Month With America’s Top Musicians [playlist]
- Letters from the Antebellum
- W.E.B. Du Bois and the literature of upheaval
- Black Press: The advent of the first African American newspapers
- Celebrating African American inventors
- The African Camus
- Jazz lives in the African American National Biography
The Dictionary of Caribbean and Afro-Latin American Biography is a major biographical reference work covering the lives and legacies of notable Afro-descendants from the Caribbean and Latin American, men and women from all eras and walks of life.